Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

I went all out on Easter. I actually broke my fast the night before. We went out to dinner with some friends and I had salmon, brussle sprouts, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and chocolate! Yum. It was tasty, but the best part was going out! This was my first meal in a restaurant in a long long time (besides the time we went out with a group of folks and I brought my own food with me -the waitress loved me - I left her a big tip and she didn't have to do anything but bring me a local beer).
Easter morning I had a SCONE for breakfast - warm and buttery. It was so good! That night for dinner we had pasta with olives. All very delicious. But honestly, most of what I was eating before was totally delcious too. I think that as the end of Lent drew close the thing that I noticed the most was the isolation I felt. I think I really was eating quite well still. Wonderful salads and creative soups, casseroles, even pizza, but not many people wanted the challenge of having me over for dinner. We had house guests the last week and they were a little scared of my diet and tended to eat out a lot (we had a lot of discussion about wheather you could call something a pizza if it had a cornbread crust). I loved everything about this experience, but I think the one improvement would be a community of people who were eating the same way I was eating. I guess that is something worth working towards.

No comments: